The Madd Mantis Cherry Popper is a tough plastic popper made for fishing extreme saltwater conditions. The focus in making the Cherry Popper was to make a super durable popper that throws far, does not tumble when worked in rough seas, is not too heavy to throw all day, and doesn't break the bank. What they created was a floating popper with a reputation to catch the biggest of fish when all other baits fail to produce.
Thoughtful design details:
- The Cherry is injection molded in a proprietary ABS plastic, making it as strong and resilient as the bumper of your car.
- The bait’s two chambers are fused together using a sonic welding technology. This technology melts the two sides together using hypersonic vibrations, creating a finished bait that is strong and watertight.
- The through wire system thoughtfully runs in a closed channel down the belly of the bait, reducing the chance of sea water getting inside the bait.
- The still posture of the bait in the water is that of a floating dead bait or a bait struggling to take its last breath.
- Madd Mantis incorporated a low-tone rattle that drives fish out of their minds with anger.
- Internal X ribs give the appearance of scales to the outside finished bait, but also serves to hide the cross braces that make the bait so tough.
We have the Madd Mantis Cherry Popper available in four sizes and 5 colors.
|ITEM||LENGTH/WEIGHT||STOCK HOOK SIZE|
|CHERRY 086||3.39 inches / 0.88 oz||Size 2 Trebles|
|CHERRY 100||3.94 inches / 1.38 oz||Size 1 Trebles|
|CHERRY 135||5.31 inches / 2.61 oz||Size 2/0 Trebles|
|CHERRY 170||6.70 inches / 3.70 oz||Size 4/0 Trebles|
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
I have several Madd Mantis poppers and this one is as good as all the rest. Well made, good hooks, and a loud pop.