Designed around the knowledge that gamefish target the eyes of baitfish, these jigheads sport the largest eye of any jighead in their class. Built on heavy-duty 4/0 Mustad® UltraPoint® hooks, the 30 degree neck bend of the hook places the eye at the front of the jighead, reducing snagging and fouling on shallow grass and oyster laden flats that redfish inhabit. Redfish Eye jigheads are sized to pair perfectly with a variety of 4" and 5" soft plastics, including Z-Man's DieZel MinnowZ™.
- Oversized 3D eyes present a more prominent target for gamefish
- Dual super-sharp keeper spikes hold ElaZtech® and other soft plastics securely
- Molded in South Carolina with heavy-duty 4/0 30 degree Mustad® UltraPoint® hooks
- Ideal not just for redfish, but for bass, seatrout, snook, flounder, small tarpon, and more
- Offered in 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4 oz weights for a variety of fresh- and saltwater scenarios
- 3 jigheads per pack
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
They catch fish, BUT they need a jighead with a thin wire bait stay. The heads I used, strike king, theses baits just slip right off after one fish. Every cast makes it fall back on the hook shank to the bend. Problem 2 - the melt when they contact other plastics so you have store them separately.
Bay Area Surfcaster,
It is recommended yo use the jig heads designed to go with the Diezel MinnowZ, however, any jig head should work with them. There are rigging instructions in this video that will help with proper rigging. There is one little technique you need to do to make sure these are fully mounted on the jig head. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/xf9MqKCuSiA