The Century "Weapon" was designed as the ultimate inshore rod. A true one and done for inshore/near shore fishing. This rod has all of Century’s top materials applied to it. Anti-twist technology, Nano cilia fiber resin, Graphene, S-2 Glass.
This rod will do it all!
The only "Weapon" you will need in your inshore/near shore quiver!
Century Technology used in The Weapon
- Autoclave Process - A combination of vacuum and heat pressure applied during the curing process that compresses the composite and evacuates any excess air and resin. This process makes a completely void free composite that will make our deflection.
- Graphene - One of the strongest materials known to man. Graphene was developed by scientist at the University of Manchester in England. It is two hundred times stronger than steel, harder than diamond, while remaining flexible. It is manufactured in sheets that are only a molecule thick. In this application it is used for strength, weight reduction, durability, recovery, and anti-torsional properties.
- HPR (High Performance Resin) - This is a nano-fiber resin used to make the resin structural as well as a glue for the carbon. This gives up to a 30% weight reduction with up to a 70% increase in tinsel strength.
- S-2 Glass - This is a Nano-fiber resin impregnated to an S grade fiber glass that performs like a carbon fiber but maintains the benefits of glass.
- Textreme - An extremely thin, wide weave wrap of carbon used in aerospace and racing applications for added fracture resistance
- ATT (Anti-Twist Technology) - This is a very complex layup of materials in the tip section when applied with the for mentioned materials makes a fishing rod with ''steal I-beam'' like torsional properties. This utilizes all the energy stored in a single plane, with no side-to-side deflection or loss of energy.
- Blended premium carbon fiber construction, for the best possible performance, strength, and durability
- Rod actions that work well with aerodynamic and un-aerodynamic baits and lures both
- EVA Shrink tube grips (Thin, light, non-slip) Anti Twist Technology (ATT) (Keeps rod blank straight and true even under torsional loads of casting and fish fighting)
- Rods built with guides on spine (Guides wrapped on the proper axis of the rod blank to achieve optimum performance and rod life)
- All century rods are manufactured with quality titanium components for corrosion resistance and weight reduction.
- Century rods are built with one coat of slow cure epoxy for reduced weight and delamination.
- Proudly hand made in the USA (blanks from Great Britain)
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.