The Sea Striker Crab Line is a weighted 25-foot throw/drop line for catching crabs. It will not dry rot or fray from the corrosive effects of salt or brackish water.
Preferred by some crabbers over traps, the throw/drop line takes a little more skill to catch crabs. A painfully slow retrieval is required to not spook the crab off of the bait, and a quick swipe of a scoop net is required to catch it.
Can be used from shore, dock or an anchored boat.
This great crab catching tool comes pre-rigged with 25-feet of cord attached to a weighted stainless steel bait snap.
How to Use
- Unwind line and make sure it is attached securely to the eye above the lead weight.
- Unsnap bait snap and slide bottom wire through your preferred bait (we recommend an oily fish like bunker or mackerel). Close snap.
- Throw out or drop into the water and wait about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bring the line in very slowly.
- Once you see the crab scoop it up with a crab net (Not Included).
Crabs should be kept out of direct sunlight and protected from the wind. Their shells should be kept moist, but do not submerge them in water.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm- www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.